Saturday 16 January 2010

Starting out

I have been trying to think of a topic for blog for a while now. I loved the idea of starting a cooking blog but needed some motivation to start doing it. Last year, with 3 well time bids on ebay, I managed to purchase the 3 missing back issues from my delicious. magazine collection. During the week I was tidying my bookshelf and realised that I very rarely use the back issues and if I am going to continue to keep storing 8 years (and counting) worth of magazines I need to start using them again. So I have decided that each month this year I will be making at least one recipe from each of the back issues.

delicious. magazine initially launched in November 2001 with the November/December issue. It was a very popular addition in many kitchens around Australia. Due to its popularity it quickly moved from being published every 2 months to monthly. Over the years a lot of very well known chefs have contributed their recipes, tips, tricks and knowledge.

I am very excited to go through all the back issues and discover some wonderful recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I am a Delicious fan/ addict too! only just started my collection... 2002!? I didn't realise it was such a long published publication. hehe my collection embarrassingly starts half way through 2009 but fear not i will definitely be keeping it up. Props for getting the 8 years and starting a blog! I'm a new blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete