Friday 11 February 2011

Bill's Scrambled Eggs

So, I am going to try out the post scheduling thing. Set for a week and see what happens. I should probably set it for a shorter length of time but I really want to test it out. Perhaps I should do a couple of posts and schedule them...hmmm, will see how I am going at the end of this one.  Things keep on keeping on here at the moment. Hope that in a week I will be feeling better but in case I am not then at least there will be a post popping up.

I decided to make another of Bill Granger's breakfast recipes, in fact I made this quite a while ago. I had a glut of eggs so decided to make Bill's famous scrambled eggs. I had heard quite a lot about them and just had to find out what the fuss was. I am quite partial to scrambled eggs. I do make them for breakfast on weekends quite often. So nice on a lovely piece of wholemeal or grainy toast. Having said that, Bill's version packed full of cream and butter is not for every day, nor even every week for me. No more than once a month for me. It was a fabulous version and an excellent way to cook the eggs. I did cook mine for a bit longer than Bill suggested. I am not keen on scrambled eggs that are too soft and oozy so tend to cook them until they are a bit firmer. I served it on some lovely toast topped with chilli relish. A wonderful breakfast on a weekend. 

Scrambled Eggs 

Serves 1

Ingredients 
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/3 cup Cream
  • 1 Pinch of Salt
  • 10 g Butter
 Method: 
  1. Place eggs, cream and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
  2. Melt butter in a frying pan.
  3. Pour in egg mixture and cook for 20 seconds, or until gently set around the edge.
  4. Stir the eggs with a wooden spoon, gently bringing the egg mixture on the outside of the pan to the centre.
  5. Leave to cook for 20 seconds longer and repeat the folding process.
  6. When the eggs are just set turn out onto a plate and serve with hot toast.


1 comment:

  1. yummo! We actually had scrambled eggs for tea last night ;-) will have to try this recipe next week - it looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete