Wednesday 22 June 2011

Zucchini & Asparagus with Feta, Olive & Harissa Dressing

Now that it is winter and the frosts are here the zucchinis have, of course, stopped producing it is nice not to have to wonder what to do with the new lot of zucchini picked from the garden. The most popular recipe over at Taste for the last few years has been this Zucchini slice. It is a good way to use up some zucchini plus it can be frozen. It is great hot and cold. I also regularly make the zucchini & mushroom crumble I posted about in yesterday's post. However, there still remains a lot of zucchinis left over to use. 

Not too long ago I got my hands on several bunches of asparagus when it was on super special. I had apparently not had enough of the zucchinis over summer as I also bought some of them too. So in need of a way of using them up I turned to the net to find a different way of using them. I came across this recipe over at The Wednesday Chef. I made a few changes to incorporate the asparagus and for my own tastes. I was really please with how it turned out plus it gave me a chance to use some more of the wonderful harissa that I got from ideli.com.au. I will definitely be re-purchasing it when I have finished this jar. This recipe will also be going into the regular use pile.

Zucchini & Asparagus with Feta, Olive & Harissa Dressing 

Ingredients: 
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tbsp harissa paste
  • 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, finely diced 
  • 1 zucchini, sliced into batons
  • 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pieces the same size as zucchini
  • Handful Kalamata olives, pitted and diced 
  • 1/4 crumbled feta
  • 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp mint, chopped 
 Method:
  • Combine lemon zest, juice, harissa, garlic and olive oil in a bowl.
  • Steam zucchini and asparagus until cooked to your liking, I prefer it to still have a bit of crunch. 
  • Toss the vegetables in the dressing.
  • Top with olives and feta and serve. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment