Sunday 28 October 2012

Creamy crab stuffed mushrooms

I have been wanting to make this for dinner for ages but something always seemed to get in the way. I planned to make them on Thursday night but ended up having a late coffee with someone and didn't get home in time to make it. Well, I did but I just wasn't that hungry. So on Friday I decided that I just had to make them. I had been really busy on Friday and heading towards dinner time and I really didn't feel like cooking. I force myself to get up and do it and I am pleased that I did. It turned out very well. I don't really have a recipe though, I just sort of tossed things in. 

garlic, crushed
green onions, white section finely sliced 
Cream cheese (I used extra-light as that is what I had in the fridge) 
Crab meat
egg yolk 
dill, finely chopped 
parmesan cheese, grated
portabello mushroom

Pre-heat oven to 190 C
Cook garlic & green onions in a little oil, I did it in the microwave. Let cool. 
Combine with cream cheese, crab meat, egg yolk, dill and some of the parmesan. Stuff mixture into mushroom. Top with more parmesan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. If it is not yet browned place under grill for 5 minutes or until golden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment