Saturday 3 November 2012

Apple, carrot & celery salad

If you have been reading for a while you will know that I am keen on finding side dishes that can be the focus of the meal. Those that you can have with a chop or a steak or in this case some rissoles. I did two salads to go with them tonight. The first is this apple, carrot & celery salad. It was very fresh and such great flavour. It was quick to make too. Next time I would put a bit more mint in. My plant is still small and I didn't want to take too much off it. 

Apple, carrot & celery salad

2 celery stalks
1 large carrot
1 red apple, quartered & cored 
1 green onion, finely sliced 
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped (I think I would use 2 next time)
1 tbsp flat parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp lime juice 
2 tbsp olive oil 
1/2 tsp honey
large pinch salt

Using a v-slicer slice the celery thinly then use julienne blade and do carrot & apple. 
Combine celery, carrot, apple, onion, mint & parsley in a bowl. 
Mix lime juice, oil, honey and salt until emulsified. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (I had mine in the fridge for about 20 minutes) 



No comments:

Post a Comment