Monday 7 January 2013

Harissa lamb chops

Since I made the harissa paste I decided that I just had to try it out. I have had two favourite ways of using it. Firstly with lamb and with pork. If I had had some pork belly I would have made the harissa pork belly again. Unfortunately I didn't so I decided to go with lamb. I have quite a few lamb fore-quarter chops in the freezer that need to be used up so I thought I would find some way to use them it. It turned out so well. The lamb, while not quite fall apart point, was extremely tender and beautifully flavoured. I served it on wraps, lebanese bread would be better, with a quick salad, hummus and a sauce made from yoghurt and harissa.

Harissa lamb chops

1 tbsp harissa paste
2 tsp olive oil
Juice 1/2 lemon

Combine in a small bowl and then spread over 2 lamb forequarter chops (there would have been enough for more). Cover and place in fridge for 2 - 3 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
Heat small amount of oil in an oven safe fry pan over a medium-high heat. Brown chops and then place in the oven and covered with a lid for 30 minutes. Then remove lid and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and shred meat and serve on wraps with hommus, salad and a sauce of yoghurt mixed with harissa to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment