Monday 21 January 2013

Mushroom & smoked chicken risotto

I decided that the next thing I would try in my Thermomix was the risotto in the cook book that came with the machine. Risotto is one of my favourites and I thought that it would be a good test of it for me. I would have liked to have tested it with one of my favourites, either the pumpkin or beetroot risottos, but I decided that I would stick with the one in the book this time. 

I used leek in it instead of onion and I sliced that myself however it did get caught around the butterfly blade. I would probably just use onion next time. I also added extra garlic, thyme and some chopped smoked chicken breast at the end. I didn't think that it was quite as creamy as I seem to get it on the stove. However, I haven't made risotto in a while so the rice has been sitting in the cupboard for a while. I am not sure if that would make a difference though. It was still very good and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I will try some a pumpkin one next.

Mushroom & smoked chicken risotto

50 g Parmesan cheese, cubed 
1 leek, finely sliced 
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp thyme leaves (I would put more in next time) 
50 g olive oil 
350 g arborio rice
100 g white wine 
2 tsp chicken stock powder (I haven't made the tm stock concentrate yet) 
200 g sliced mushrooms
1100 g water 
1 smoked chicken breast, cubed
20 g butter 

Pulverise parmesan for 10 seconds on speed 9 and set aside. 
Add leek, garlic, thyme and oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100 C on speed 1 with MC off. 
Insert butterfly. Add rice and wine to bowl and sauté for 2 minutes at 100 C on Reverse + soft. 
Add stock, mushrooms and water and cook for 15 minutes at 100 C on Reverse + soft. 
Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes at 100 C on Reverse + soft. 
Season to taste and add parmesan and butter.


1 comment:

  1. Look really nice, always wanted to try this, thanks for sharing recipe...

    Simon

    ReplyDelete