Tuesday 8 January 2013

Sun-dried tomato tapenade

More playing around with my Thermomix. I made this on the weekend along with most of the other things I am posting at the moment. I am having such a wonderful time playing around with it. I can see that it will rapidly become the most use appliance in my kitchen. 

I have, previously, used sun-dried tomato pesto as a pasta sauce. I also use it in a chicken dish that I make. I thought it might be nice to give it a try making some of my own. I googled for a recipe and came up with this one for Sun-dried tomato tapenade which fit the bill perfectly. I didn't put the pesto in it and I used cashews instead of pine nuts. I also used 4 cloves of garlic and 3 largish anchovy fillets. I did use quite a bit of the oil to get it to the consistency I wanted. Such a magnificent flavour. I used some as a pasta sauce that night, cooking the orecchiette in the thermomix. I also took some into work for my boss to try with his morning tea of crackers and cheese and it was very well received. Definitely one to keep in my make again file. 

Just posting this here as the link no longer leads to the recipe.

Ingredients
1 x 400 g jar of sundried tomatoes in oil, drained (but save the oil and add at the end if desired)
4 or 5 pieces of roasted red pepper, skins removed 
2  cloves garlic, peeled
1 Tbsp capers, rinsed
1 Tbsp anchovy essence or 2 or 3 anchovy fillets
1 Tbsp pesto 
2 Tbsp pine nuts
black pepper freshly ground
Method
  1. Blend all the ingredients a few seconds at Speed 6 to make a rough paste. Taste for salt before adding any. Add a little more oil if necessary






2 comments:

  1. That looks so good - I LOVE sun dried tomatoes! Do you find that things you make with your Thermomix are lacking in flavour? I have read a few reviews that say food is less flavoursome - just wondering if that's true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I haven't found things lacking flavour although most things I have made have been very strong flavours. I will probably have more of an idea in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete