Tuesday 5 February 2013

Smoked Paprika Chicken

I will admit it I love smoked paprika. In particular I love the hot smoked paprika that I have. It has just the perfect amount of heat and smokiness. I use it often in things. I find that it is really good with chicken. I had some chicken thighs in the fridge. I have used smoked paprika with chicken before so I knew it was a good combination. I whipped up this marinade and left them overnight. I cooked them under the grill but I think that they would be terrific done on the bbq. They were perfect cold with salad and on sandwiches. For this meal I made a salad with chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, corn freshly cut from the cobs, snow pea sprouts and pomegranate arils. 

If you don't have hot smoked paprika I suggests adding some chilli powder or cayenne pepper. 

Smoked Paprika Chicken

4 chicken thighs
1 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
zest & juice of a lemon

Combine everything but chicken and mixed well. Add chicken in and rub in all over. Marinate overnight and then grill until cooked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment