Sunday 30 June 2013

Camembert-stuffed turkey meatballs

This is a bit of a cheat as it is a throw back to the Camembert stuffed turkey meatloaf from back in 2011. I decided that I would do something similar so I made it into meatballs this time. Although I will say that the meatloaf was better at containing the Camembert as a lot of the meatballs had the cheese ooze out during cooking.

This time around I didn't put the quinoa, tomatoes or craisins in the mix. I did add some extra herbs and pepper. The sauce I made was pretty much the same except I used cranberry sauce in place of the redcurrant. It was a bit thick though, it would have been better if I thinned it down so that it was more of a sauce rather than a glaze. 

Over all, it was still just a wonderful as before and I will definitely make either the meatloaf or meatballs again. I served with roasted potato and sweet potato wedges and steamed broccoli and snow peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment