Tuesday 29 October 2013

October 2013 - Couscous, watermelon & feta salad with spiced lamb

Nothing to much to say. This was nice but I made a few changes. I didn't have lamb backstrap so I just used some lamb cutlets. There was no vegetables in the meal at all so I added cherry tomatoes, asparagus and snow peas. The dressing was a bit sweet for me. I doubt I would make this again. 

Couscous, watermelon & feta salad with spiced lamb

125 g Pearl couscous
1/4 c evoo
2 x 250 g lamb backstraps 
1/3 c dukkah
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp honey
1/4 seedless watermelon, sliced
150 g marinated feta, crumbled
2 cups picked watercress sprigs

Cook couscous as per packet instructions. 
Season & cook lamb in a medium high heat. Remove from pan & roll in dukkah. 
Combine lemon zest & juice, honey and oil. Add couscous and stir to combine. 
Slice lamb & serve on top of couscous with watercress, watermelon & feta. 



No comments:

Post a Comment